You can put an Island girl in a lady suit and stuff her behind a desk, but you can’t take the fun out of a free spirit. To celebrate my fast approach to 30 years of ®age, I will be attending Folly Fest ‘2012 without apology.
The countdown is on. In four days from now, I’ll be tucked away in the picturesque village of Gagetown! In order to get Folly-ready, I’ve dusted off my tarot cards and have commenced massive sets of random ab crunches (for the oh-too-hot-tops-off-party-times that will likely ensue). There are still some questions to figure out: bongo drum or ukulele? Tin whistle or hula hoop? Dooryard or Bitter?
In all seriousness, I’m not the archetypal festival attendee. I can’t tie dye to save my life, and I dance like a lemur. But one thing is for certain: I love music and I lovvvvvvve friends.
Here are some bucket list goals that I’ve set for myself during Folly:
1. Stomp my feet and burn another person’s bra to Carmen Townsend.
2. High five Carly Martin.
3. Donate Ben Caplan’s beard to science.
4. Master the Slow Coaster hipster head bob.
5. Hook my friend up with any member of Paper Lions or, reversely, say words like “mad” “dad” and “bad” after a few beers with my fellow Islanders.
6. Steal Fm Hi Low’s sunglasses.
7. Arm wrestle Vanessa Furlong.
Anyway, come find me at the festival. I’ll be video taping your best debaucheries and interviewing people for my next art project!
And remember, in the words of Benji Franklin (the dude who created the lightening stick, the twistable catheter, and the idea of paying it forward): “Beauty and folly are old companions.”
Add a Comment